t 213 . 382 . 8051 f 866 . 203 . 0408
3600 WILSHIRE BOULEVARD, SUITE 1510, LOS ANGELES, CA 90010
Copyright 2015. Legacy Pro Law, PC
• United States Patent Trademark Office: Governmental authority in charge of trademark registration and recordation in United States
• Korea Intellectual Property Office: Governmental authority in charge of intellectual property in Korea.
• World Intellectual Property Offices: Global forum for intellectual property services, policy, information and cooperation. A self-funding agency of the United Nations, with 188 member states.
WHAT WE DO
LPL registers trademark in the U.S. and oversees the registration of our clients' marks worldwide. A trademark application can take 8-15 months to register to is is best to apply in advance. LPL evaluates the likelihood of obtaining registration before spending registration costs and attorneys' fees.
LPL also protects trademark owners against trademark infringement by filing lawsuits and preventing importation of infringing products.
Preliminary Scan and Report to Client: Complimentary
Registration: $1,200 Attorneys' Fees per mark + $325 Filing costs/class
Response to Office Action: $300/hour
TTAB Proceedings: From $2,500 and up
WHAT IS TRADEMARK?
A trademark is a word, phrase, or logo that identifies the source of goods or services. Trademark law protects a business' commercial identity or brand by discouraging other businesses from adopting a name or logo that is "confusingly similar" to an existing trademark. The goal is to allow consumers to easily identify the producers of goods and services and avoid confusion.
In the U.S, trademarks and patents are registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office ("USPTO"). Few of the benefits of having a mark on the Principle Register with the USPTO are as follows:
• The ability to sue in the U.S. federal court
• Public notice and a legal presumption of your ownership and exclusive right to use the mark throughout the U.S.
• Using the U.S. registration as a basis to obtain registration in foreign countries.
• The ability to use the U.S. registration with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Service to prevent importation into the U.S. of infringing foreign goods.
Courtesy of Wikipedia
• Ginam Lee, Esq.
(T) 213 .382 .8051
• Matthew Im, Esq.
(T) 213 . 382 . 8051